CharlotteBuriedinBooks

CharlotteBuriedinBooks

Dragons of Autumn Twilight
Tracy Hickman, Margaret Weis
This Man Confessed (This Man, #3)
Jodi Ellen Malpas
31 Bond Street
Ellen Horan
Betrayal in Death (In Death #12)
J.D. Robb
Lover at Last
J.R. Ward
The Executor
Jesse Kellerman
City of Bones
Cassandra Clare
Dark Beginnings (Lords of the Underworld 6)
Gena Showalter
Blood Promise
Richelle Mead
Deadly Decisions
Kathy Reichs
The Darkest Whisper - Gena Showalter Almost as good as The Darkest Night. Sabin grew on me as the story progressed.

This one, the fourth in the Lords of the Underworld series concentrates on Sabin (keeper of doubt) and Gwen - a harpy. But there's a lot of other things going on at the same time - in fact probably more goes on in the background of this story than in any of the previous books.

There's the ongoing story of Torin and Cameo, Paris's continuing obsession with Sienna and Aeron is also drawn in. We also learn more about Gideon. In amongst all this is the knowledge that the hunters are have been breeding gifted children to use in the war against the lords.

Gwen and Sabin have a tough time getting together, but when they finally do - its all good. I seriously enjoyed this book, they have a touch of humour in them that adds to them. I'm really looking forward to the next in the series.

The only thing that grates on my nerves with these books is the continual use of the same descriptive words - if there is much more "savouring", "laving of nipples" and "hovering over the new centre of his universe" I think I might scream.