CharlotteBuriedinBooks

CharlotteBuriedinBooks

Dragons of Autumn Twilight
Tracy Hickman, Margaret Weis
This Man Confessed (This Man, #3)
Jodi Ellen Malpas
31 Bond Street
Ellen Horan
Betrayal in Death (In Death #12)
J.D. Robb
Lover at Last
J.R. Ward
The Executor
Jesse Kellerman
City of Bones
Cassandra Clare
Dark Beginnings (Lords of the Underworld 6)
Gena Showalter
Blood Promise
Richelle Mead
Deadly Decisions
Kathy Reichs
Black Magic Woman - Justin Gustainis Thoroughly enjoyed this book. Although it's billed as a "Quincey Morris Supernatural Investigation" I wouldn't say that he's the star of the book at all. The story is fairly evenly spread over a number of characters. We get to come into contact with Vamps, Demons, Zombies, Witches, Voodoo Priestesses etc.

Witches are the main basis though, both black and white. The story stemming from the Salem Witch Trials and a family feud that is on the verge of turning bloody.

There were a number of themes that were rather hard to deal with, but the writing didn't shy away from them (e.g the serial murder of children). I was especially taken with the character of Van Dreenan, a South African Police Officer (I didn't know a box of matches could be so symbolic, but it brought tears to my eyes).

OK, the writing was a bit clumsy in places and the author had the annoying habit of repeating the names of main characters constantly (a bug bear of mine) - yes I KNOW his names Quincey Morris and hers is Libby Chastain - GET ON WITH IT.

The ending did let it down just a little bit, which is why it doesn't get 5 stars from me. But I'm really looking foward to reading the next in the series Evil Ways.