CharlotteBuriedinBooks

CharlotteBuriedinBooks

Dragons of Autumn Twilight
Tracy Hickman, Margaret Weis
This Man Confessed (This Man, #3)
Jodi Ellen Malpas
31 Bond Street
Ellen Horan
Betrayal in Death (In Death #12)
J.D. Robb
Lover at Last
J.R. Ward
The Executor
Jesse Kellerman
City of Bones
Cassandra Clare
Dark Beginnings (Lords of the Underworld 6)
Gena Showalter
Blood Promise
Richelle Mead
Deadly Decisions
Kathy Reichs
Succubus Blues  - Richelle Mead I love the Vampire Academy Series and thought I'd try one of Richelle Meads Adult series. Georgina Kincaid is a succubus, she feeds off the life force of mortals, sometimes even taking their souls. By day she works in a bookstore (and sleeps with the boss), she has one real love in her life and that's the books of Seth Mortensen. She has a close circle of immortal friends - but someone is attacking immortals and she wants to know why, because she's initally blamed.

Everyone seems to really like this series and part of me can see why. Georgina is a sassy and sexy character, always quick off the mark, so why didn't this grab me?? I think it's because I like strong male romantic leads and Seth isn't that - at all. Shy and only showing real confidence through his writing. And Georgina? I can't really sympathise with someone who has to has to have sex to survive (call me old fashioned but I'm not a fan of extra-marital affairs - so the whole Warren scenario really didn't do much for me).

Also, Roman? Could see that coming a mile off. Admittedly it was a nice touch with the Twin angle and being Jerome's kids. Carter was an interesting character.

I'll carry on with the next one in the series and hope that it gets better - otherwise I'm running back to the Vampire Academy and won't stop until I'm up to date.