CharlotteBuriedinBooks

CharlotteBuriedinBooks

Dragons of Autumn Twilight
Tracy Hickman, Margaret Weis
This Man Confessed (This Man, #3)
Jodi Ellen Malpas
31 Bond Street
Ellen Horan
Betrayal in Death (In Death #12)
J.D. Robb
Lover at Last
J.R. Ward
The Executor
Jesse Kellerman
City of Bones
Cassandra Clare
Dark Beginnings (Lords of the Underworld 6)
Gena Showalter
Blood Promise
Richelle Mead
Deadly Decisions
Kathy Reichs
One For The Money  - Janet Evanovich Stephanie Plumb has no job, hasn't paid the rent for a while and has pawned most of her stuff and her car's been re-possessed. The answer to her problems? Cousin Vinnie, who runs a bail bondsmans.

So Stephanie becomes a bounty hunter - her first job is to hunt down the bane of her teenage life Joe Morelli (last time she saw him she ran him over - on purpose).

Joe's a cop, charged with Murder and Stephanie just can't stop running into him (not literally this time). Throw into the mix a very mean boxer, shootings, beatings, explosions - the action doesn't really stop.

I must admit I did find the story a little hard to follow, but it certainly wasn't dull - so why only 3 stars? I just don't know. There were a lot of characters to keep track of and in such a short story I found that hard to deal with. The blend of comedy and violence was well handled though. There's certainly a lot of chemistry between Stephanie and Ranger, as well as Stephanie and Joe and I'm interested to see which way she jumps. I did like the way Joe ended up caring for her, trying to protect her.

There wasn't enough Ranger and the ending was rather abrupt.

I was slightly confused by Grandma Mazur (is she slightly crazy?), but maybe the next book will clear that up.