CharlotteBuriedinBooks

CharlotteBuriedinBooks

Dragons of Autumn Twilight
Tracy Hickman, Margaret Weis
This Man Confessed (This Man, #3)
Jodi Ellen Malpas
31 Bond Street
Ellen Horan
Betrayal in Death (In Death #12)
J.D. Robb
Lover at Last
J.R. Ward
The Executor
Jesse Kellerman
City of Bones
Cassandra Clare
Dark Beginnings (Lords of the Underworld 6)
Gena Showalter
Blood Promise
Richelle Mead
Deadly Decisions
Kathy Reichs
Lover Enshrined - J.R. Ward I can't bring myself to call this a 'Paranormal Romance', of course there is a HEA, but it's not front and centre in this tale of the Brothers - there's too much going on, which isn't a bad thing. It's just then once you've dealt with JM and Xhex, JM and Torhment, Blay and Quinn, Lash, Rhev, Z and Bella, Phury and the Wizard, there isn't much left for Phury and Cormia.

For me this book was about Phury and his battle with the wizard, about him understanding that he can't fix everything. Change was such a big theme in this book, from the changes to the Scribe Virgins world to the new age of the Lessers (I just had a feeling that Lash was going to bad - in a big way), but it seemed a little bit convenient - oh yeah the scribe virgin had kids so as the Omega I'm going to have a go too.

As bad as Lash is there were parts that just didn't feel quite right for me - burying his 'parents' for one thing. The fact that he can eat and bear sunlight - it's all a bit off and I don't know why.

Phury is suitably tortured and his downward spiral is quite impressive, getting kicked out of the brotherhood after slicing up more lessers. He finally lets go of his obession with Bella and opens himself up the chance of happiness with Cormia - once he finally admits that he loves her and is able to quiet down the wizard. The scenes at NA were rather touching.

I was a bit disappointed with Z in this book, yes he had a lot on his mind, but to wash his hands of his brother in the hope he'd take action over his addiction?

Things will never be the same again for the brothers - or the lessers. I just hope that Wrath can keep things in line!!