CharlotteBuriedinBooks

CharlotteBuriedinBooks

Dragons of Autumn Twilight
Tracy Hickman, Margaret Weis
This Man Confessed (This Man, #3)
Jodi Ellen Malpas
31 Bond Street
Ellen Horan
Betrayal in Death (In Death #12)
J.D. Robb
Lover at Last
J.R. Ward
The Executor
Jesse Kellerman
City of Bones
Cassandra Clare
Dark Beginnings (Lords of the Underworld 6)
Gena Showalter
Blood Promise
Richelle Mead
Deadly Decisions
Kathy Reichs
Some Girls Bite  - Chloe Neill Everyone raves about this series, so I thought it was about time I gave it a try. I wouldn't say I was disappointed - but it just didn't grab me. I like Merit - she's a really great character (ahthough she does have some huge flaws), it was just the characters around her that I didn't really care for.

As for the story - well, Merit is a graduate student at University and is attacked one night late on campus - after the attack she vaguely remembers a man with very green eyes finding her. She awakes 3 days later in a cocktail dress arriving back at the house she shares with her best friend Mallory. At this stage she finds out she's now a Vampire.

Her family don't approve - apart from her Grandfather, an ex-cop that isn't retired but works as a liason between the supernatural community and the Mayor. Oh yeah - this is a Chicago where vamps are out of the coffin - but no-one else is.

Merit is understandably upset about becoming a Vampire, but directs that anger in the wrong direction - Ethan Sullivan the head of Cadogan House - owner of the green eyes and has a rather antiquated view of things. Everyone is supposed to bow down and do whatever he says. Merit really likes him and hates him at the same time - but all the time I kept thinking "don't hate the vamp that turned you - hate the vamp that attacked you in the first place"!

The serial killer storyline is almost secondary to Merit adjusting to life as a vamp - her best friend discovering she's magical, another vamp throwing himself at her.

I will continue to read the next in the series, I'm sure it will get better!