CharlotteBuriedinBooks

CharlotteBuriedinBooks

Dragons of Autumn Twilight
Tracy Hickman, Margaret Weis
This Man Confessed (This Man, #3)
Jodi Ellen Malpas
31 Bond Street
Ellen Horan
Betrayal in Death (In Death #12)
J.D. Robb
Lover at Last
J.R. Ward
The Executor
Jesse Kellerman
City of Bones
Cassandra Clare
Dark Beginnings (Lords of the Underworld 6)
Gena Showalter
Blood Promise
Richelle Mead
Deadly Decisions
Kathy Reichs
Naked in Death  - J.D. Robb The "In Death" series is one that I've heard a lot about, it's one that everyone seems to love so I thought I'd give it a go.

I love crime novels and enjoy sci-fi but wasn't really sure what to expect. Well - I thought it was great!

Eve Dallas - a lieutenant in the police department is called to a crime scene, the death of the granddaughter of a senator. A prostitute - or a licensed companion as they are called in 2058 - oh yeah, this series is set in the future.

While trying to track down a possible serial killer Eve comes into contact with a charismatic Irish Billionaire - Roarke. OMG, yes please - I'll have some of that. Of course the two of them become involved which puts Eve's job at risk - more bodies surface.

There are times I forgot that this was set in the future - some nice touches as well (the neigbour that killed her husband with a custard pie for example). But most of all I liked Roarke, a strong man - not afraid to show his feelings - who told a seriously messed up woman that he loved her.

To use the words of Prince - I've seen the future and it will be - I've seen the future and it's Roarke.

One down - 37 to go!