CharlotteBuriedinBooks

CharlotteBuriedinBooks

Dragons of Autumn Twilight
Tracy Hickman, Margaret Weis
This Man Confessed (This Man, #3)
Jodi Ellen Malpas
31 Bond Street
Ellen Horan
Betrayal in Death (In Death #12)
J.D. Robb
Lover at Last
J.R. Ward
The Executor
Jesse Kellerman
City of Bones
Cassandra Clare
Dark Beginnings (Lords of the Underworld 6)
Gena Showalter
Blood Promise
Richelle Mead
Deadly Decisions
Kathy Reichs
The Glass Room - Simon Mawer Book Club Read - I can't say I enjoyed this book, because I really didn't care for a lot of the characters - in fact most of the characters.

The men especially, considering this was written by a man that's quite a feat.

A young couple meet an architect while on their honeymoon in Venice, they ask him to build them a house in a small Czech town. The book follows the house from inception to modern day, through the Second World War to the rise of Communism. The house goes from being a family home, to a German Laboratory, to a place for Childrens Physiotherapy and finally to a Museum (as an architectual landmark).

My main problem was with Viktor (the husband) who married a woman that didn't believe in sex while she was pregnant - or before marriage (who was in love with her best friend Hana but couldn't admit it until it was a bit too late). He used this as an excuse to start a "relationship" with a woman he "met" while on a business trip to Vienna. Ultimately this woman moves in with the family (after appearing in their living room as a refugee) along with her daughter.

I did like Liesel (the wife), she tried to maintain her dignity and was smart enough to recognise that her husband had fallen in love with another woman.

Would I read it again - no.