CharlotteBuriedinBooks

CharlotteBuriedinBooks

Dragons of Autumn Twilight
Tracy Hickman, Margaret Weis
This Man Confessed (This Man, #3)
Jodi Ellen Malpas
31 Bond Street
Ellen Horan
Betrayal in Death (In Death #12)
J.D. Robb
Lover at Last
J.R. Ward
The Executor
Jesse Kellerman
City of Bones
Cassandra Clare
Dark Beginnings (Lords of the Underworld 6)
Gena Showalter
Blood Promise
Richelle Mead
Deadly Decisions
Kathy Reichs
Spider's Bite  - Jennifer Estep An Assassin who should really retire - who looses one of the people most important to her - who falls for the police detective trying to find her - trying to escape from a terrible event in her past.

I'll admit some of these series are starting to merge into one.

Gin is "The Spider" an assassin who has gone undetected for many years but she's double crossed and framed - her handler is tortured and killed, her "brother" is also beaten to a pulp. Of course she wants to avenge her handlers death and try to protect those she cares about.

The slant on this series is that there are "elementals" people who can control the elements (Gin has magic related to 2).

One refreshing change was to see a sex scene where protection was used (although I could have done without Donovans whole "I should really kill you - you killed my partner but I've just got to pound into you".

The writing could have been better - but given that it's the first in a series I'll let that one slide for now.

Will I read the next one? Yes, but if it doesn't get any better I'm going to have say that enoughs enough - too many series and not enough time!