CharlotteBuriedinBooks

CharlotteBuriedinBooks

Dragons of Autumn Twilight
Tracy Hickman, Margaret Weis
This Man Confessed (This Man, #3)
Jodi Ellen Malpas
31 Bond Street
Ellen Horan
Betrayal in Death (In Death #12)
J.D. Robb
Lover at Last
J.R. Ward
The Executor
Jesse Kellerman
City of Bones
Cassandra Clare
Dark Beginnings (Lords of the Underworld 6)
Gena Showalter
Blood Promise
Richelle Mead
Deadly Decisions
Kathy Reichs
Mockingjay  - Suzanne  Collins I don't think I've ever felt as tired, emotionally washed out as I do at the end of this book. Rarely has a book had that kind of effect on me. I'm glad I waited a little while between Catching Fire and Mockingjay.

I started this book wondering what else could possibly happen. Rescued from the arena Katniss finds that District 12 is gone, wiped off the map by the Capitol, the survivors living underground in District 13. The war is in full swing and Katniss is to be used in the propaganda - forced to become the Mockingjay - but she's broken, exhausted - ultimately driven by her need to protect Peeta.

Peeta - where do I start? Re-programmed - his struggle to understand what was real broke my heart. Katniss's inability to let him go, even when he was trying to kill her tore me up. Haymitch and Katniss still tried to keep him alive.

Finnick was mesmerising as he explained to the whole world how Snow had pimped him out

But the thing that really got me - Prim. Whatever she did, Katniss couldn't save her sister - ultimately she also lost her Mother (unable to return to District 12 you wonder if they will ever see each other again).

The final section of the book in the Capitol was really the third games - escaping the pods with the final aim of killing Snow. Coin never came over as particularly likeable - so I can't say I was sorry with her demise.

I would agree that the ending felt rushed, but I'm happy that Peeta and Katniss ended up together and had a family of their own - they deserved it.