CharlotteBuriedinBooks

CharlotteBuriedinBooks

Dragons of Autumn Twilight
Tracy Hickman, Margaret Weis
This Man Confessed (This Man, #3)
Jodi Ellen Malpas
31 Bond Street
Ellen Horan
Betrayal in Death (In Death #12)
J.D. Robb
Lover at Last
J.R. Ward
The Executor
Jesse Kellerman
City of Bones
Cassandra Clare
Dark Beginnings (Lords of the Underworld 6)
Gena Showalter
Blood Promise
Richelle Mead
Deadly Decisions
Kathy Reichs
Hard Bitten - Chloe Neill WTF???? Seriously???? Damn you Chloe Neill - you made me cry...
Part of me was a little bit worried about this story - because we seemed to be re-treading a previous path. An escalation in raves, greater violence.

But it turned into something more.

Ethan - where do I start, he was so desparate to get Merit back, willing to back off sure that she'd come back to him. Staying distanced from her investigation into the raves - because he had other things to worry about, like a visit from the head of the GP (who's completely f**king clueless by the way). But ultimately protecting her - as he's always been doing. Merits Dad deserves a shit kicking by the way.

The direction that Mallory's taking with her training worries me somewhat as well (much as it does her - with the inclusion of the dark magic) - I think her tutor will have a large part in things to come.

Can I say that I was sooooo happy that the whole Celina thing finally came to an end (hopefully), but the ending happened too quickly for me, blink and you'll miss it kind of thing.

But if Neill carries on with previous form I'm sure that Tate will get away with it.

The previous books in the series had just been OK for me, so what raised this one up to 4 stars? Ethan. For loving Merit, for protecting her, for being Ethan..... That arched eyebrow will be forever in my memory.