CharlotteBuriedinBooks

CharlotteBuriedinBooks

Dragons of Autumn Twilight
Tracy Hickman, Margaret Weis
This Man Confessed (This Man, #3)
Jodi Ellen Malpas
31 Bond Street
Ellen Horan
Betrayal in Death (In Death #12)
J.D. Robb
Lover at Last
J.R. Ward
The Executor
Jesse Kellerman
City of Bones
Cassandra Clare
Dark Beginnings (Lords of the Underworld 6)
Gena Showalter
Blood Promise
Richelle Mead
Deadly Decisions
Kathy Reichs
How To Lose Friends & Alienate People - Toby Young I don't think I've ever cringed as much reading a book before. Can someone really be as stupid as Toby Young? In his mid thirties he was given the chance of a lifetime when offered a job at Vanity Fair (which I've subscribed to for many years). But he didn't seem to take it remotely serious. Who in their right mind would ask Nathan Lane if he was gay in an interview? Who would smuggle a strippergram into the Vanity Fair offices and then find out it was "Take Your Daughter to Work Day".

His only aims apparently being to get as many women into bed and consume as much alcohol and cocaine as he could. How he dealt with his coke habit is strangely absent from the end of the book. But he was bemused by his inability with the ladies - it was amazing the difference a wig makes though.

I did find it fascinating that he struck up a friendship with Candace Bushnell (author of Sex and the City).

It was unsurprising that Toby was ultimately fired from Vanity Fair, given the amount they were paying him and the work he produced for them - it was only a matter of time.

Thank God he came to his senses - ditched the bottle and found the love a good woman (and no I don't mean the 55 year old cross dresser called Jennifer that he took home one night).