CharlotteBuriedinBooks

CharlotteBuriedinBooks

Dragons of Autumn Twilight
Tracy Hickman, Margaret Weis
This Man Confessed (This Man, #3)
Jodi Ellen Malpas
31 Bond Street
Ellen Horan
Betrayal in Death (In Death #12)
J.D. Robb
Lover at Last
J.R. Ward
The Executor
Jesse Kellerman
City of Bones
Cassandra Clare
Dark Beginnings (Lords of the Underworld 6)
Gena Showalter
Blood Promise
Richelle Mead
Deadly Decisions
Kathy Reichs
Shadow Kiss - Richelle Mead I really enjoyed the first two books in the series, but knew that this book would be difficult to read - which is why I left it for so long.

I knew what was going to happen - even knew (vaguely) how the series was going to end - but I just didn't want to face what was going to happen to Dimitri. I'll admit it - I fell for him in the first book, tall, handsome, with a sexy accent - what's not to like (apart from the long hair - it just doesn't do it for me)?

Rose is having a hard time getting over the death of Mason, but she doesn't have much time to dwell on that - as field experience begins at St Vlads. Her first problem is the fact that she isn't teamed up with Lissa, but Christian. Her next problem is she starts to see ghosts - more specifically - Mason, who seems to be trying to tell her something. This understandably freaks her out, which causes some problems during her testing.

Of course she doesn't want to tell anyone - because they'll all think she's crazy. A short detour is taken while a small group of them are allowed to attend Victors trial at the Royal Court - after Adrian pulls a few strings - then it's back to St Vlads, on the journey back Rose is swamped by ghosts - so she can't hide things any longer.

It also becomes very clear that her link with Lissa is drawing the darkness from Lissa and into Rose - not a good thing, but Rose want's to stop the crazy that Lissa had to deal with previously when using her magic.

Rose becomes convinced of a problem with the Wards protecting the school, because of her sightings of Mason (and she's right - thanks to a group of Royals who form a secret society that want to use compulsion, but using magic so close to the wards causes them to start failig).

Dimitri becomes more and more concerned about her - the feelings build and finally Dimitri and Rose get it on - only to find themselves in the middle of a full on attack by Strigoi on the school.

I did have a bit of a cry (not full on sobbing like when Edward left Bella in New Moon - but it was emotional). I can't imagine Dimitri as Strigoi. Somehow this has to be fixed!!! Fix it now Lissa!!! Rose is your friend - stop being a whiny selfish Bitch and fix it!!!! If Rose can find him of course.

And someone find Adrian a woman - god knows he needs one.