CharlotteBuriedinBooks

CharlotteBuriedinBooks

Dragons of Autumn Twilight
Tracy Hickman, Margaret Weis
This Man Confessed (This Man, #3)
Jodi Ellen Malpas
31 Bond Street
Ellen Horan
Betrayal in Death (In Death #12)
J.D. Robb
Lover at Last
J.R. Ward
The Executor
Jesse Kellerman
City of Bones
Cassandra Clare
Dark Beginnings (Lords of the Underworld 6)
Gena Showalter
Blood Promise
Richelle Mead
Deadly Decisions
Kathy Reichs
Destined for an Early Grave - Jeaniene Frost I started this book nearly a year ago and put it down. Picking it up again now I burned through it. I didn't realise how much I'd missed Bones and Cat (to a lesser degree).

So, while on vacation in Paris Cat and Bones come under attack, the vamp behind it Gregor claims that Cat is his wife - having been bound to her when she was only 16. The only problem is that Cat doesn't remember any of this and Gregor is the only vamp that can unlock her memories. Oh and he can snatch Cat in her dreams. If what Gregor says is true that would mean her bond with Bones would be void.

This book sees some serious changes in the Night Huntress world - we say goodbye to an old friend and two characters change in fundamental ways.

Bones and Cat both suffer from the same problem, stubborness, they believe that they have to fix all the problems on their own - they have to try and save each other and it's that belief that very nearly rips them apart (I did have a tear in my eye when Bones walked out - HE LEFT HER!!!! And he was damn hard on her too before and after the fact). But ultimately they could never stay away from each other and I'm pleased that it was Bones that finally sired Cat as a Vamp (even if she isn't strictly a vamp in the conventional sense).

It's going to be interesting to see how Justina adjusts to life as a vamp - especially now that Rodney's gone.

Bones just gets better and better with each book - although in my head he still sounds Australian.