CharlotteBuriedinBooks

CharlotteBuriedinBooks

Dragons of Autumn Twilight
Tracy Hickman, Margaret Weis
This Man Confessed (This Man, #3)
Jodi Ellen Malpas
31 Bond Street
Ellen Horan
Betrayal in Death (In Death #12)
J.D. Robb
Lover at Last
J.R. Ward
The Executor
Jesse Kellerman
City of Bones
Cassandra Clare
Dark Beginnings (Lords of the Underworld 6)
Gena Showalter
Blood Promise
Richelle Mead
Deadly Decisions
Kathy Reichs
Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) - Kami Garcia,  Margaret Stohl So, what do we have? A new girl in town, that a local boy becomes obssessed with. A doomed couple, a story that can't end well. No, this isn't Twilight and there aren't any Vampires. This book sells itself as being Twilightesque. Well, Twilight it ain't. But it's not bad.

Lena and Ethan. Lena, the new girl at school, niece of the town hermit, a girl with a secret. Ethan, on the basketball team, looking for a way out of his small southern town, away from his dad who lives in pyjamas in his study since his wifes death.

Something draws the two of them together and it's not just a locket that they come across.

Lena is facing a major event on her 16th birthday - will she join the light or the dark? Does she have a choice? Can Ethan make her stay with him?

A story of love against the odds. There was a lot going on in this story and at times it made it hard to keep track of everything. I was slightly worried when the Winter Formal threatened to descend into the depths of "Carrie", but just managed to avoid it. I'm slightly confused as to whether Seraphine was still alive at the end.

But it was good - I'm interested enough to read the next one.