CharlotteBuriedinBooks

CharlotteBuriedinBooks

Dragons of Autumn Twilight
Tracy Hickman, Margaret Weis
This Man Confessed (This Man, #3)
Jodi Ellen Malpas
31 Bond Street
Ellen Horan
Betrayal in Death (In Death #12)
J.D. Robb
Lover at Last
J.R. Ward
The Executor
Jesse Kellerman
City of Bones
Cassandra Clare
Dark Beginnings (Lords of the Underworld 6)
Gena Showalter
Blood Promise
Richelle Mead
Deadly Decisions
Kathy Reichs
Untamed  - P.C. Cast, Kristin Cast I first tried to read this book 4 years ago and got very irritated with it. So I put it down, walked away, read lots of the other things.

Now I've come back. Did the break help? Yes, I think it did. The main reason I stopped reading the books before was because of the central character. Zoey still irritates the hell out of me. But the story has now gotten interesting.

The first 4 books of the series have taken place over the space of a couple of months and I struggle with that. To have so much crammed in over a few months. This book seems to span just a few days and in that short timescale Zoey gets her friends back, deals with ex-boyfriend trauma, another fledgeling death, meets nuns, nearly looses her Grandma and is instrumental in unwittingly unleashing an ancient evil.

Oh, and Aphrodite gets a cat.

I've come to realise that I don't read these books for Zoey (I mean she grieves over the loss of a boy she knew for about a hour for crying out loud). I read these books for the minor characters - like Stevie Ray, Aphrodite (who's journey through these books is becoming fascinating) and Erick.

When it comes to Zoey and Neferet (or Queen Tsi-Pepsi or whatever the hell she's calling herself now), I say just lock 'em in a room and let 'em slug it out. Or Zoey could grow a pair and get on with it.