CharlotteBuriedinBooks

CharlotteBuriedinBooks

Dragons of Autumn Twilight
Tracy Hickman, Margaret Weis
This Man Confessed (This Man, #3)
Jodi Ellen Malpas
31 Bond Street
Ellen Horan
Betrayal in Death (In Death #12)
J.D. Robb
Lover at Last
J.R. Ward
The Executor
Jesse Kellerman
City of Bones
Cassandra Clare
Dark Beginnings (Lords of the Underworld 6)
Gena Showalter
Blood Promise
Richelle Mead
Deadly Decisions
Kathy Reichs
Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse, #11) - Charlaine Harris 3 books left in the series. But this book seemed to try to tie a few things up. I would have been quite happy if this series had finished already, but I'm invested in it now. Got to see it through to the end.

Much like Sookie I'm perplexed at how she's changed since the start. How she now thinks nothing of actively participating in someone's death.

While this book didn't offer any huge revelations about her fae family, it did bring up the subject of her Grandmothers interaction with the fae and Sookie found out the origin of her telepathy. She also got to spend a little more time with Hunter. I don't know where that particular storyline is heading, but I hope nothing happens to him.

Sookie's relationship with Dermot and Claude becomes rather complicated. It's clear to see that Claude is up to something, but I really believe that Dermot cares about her and wants to protect her.

Several weird things happen in this book. Amelia helps Sookie to break her blood bond with Eric and then encourages Alcide to try and seduce her. After finally getting rid of Sandra Pelt, Sookie thinks it's a great idea to lob her body in the portal to Faery (really?)

But the strangest of all is the state of Sookie and Eric's relationship, which reaches "a turning point" in Sookie's eyes. Free of the blood bond they both know that what they feel for each other is real. But Eric doesn't seem to understand the repercussions of getting rid of Victor, or how badly Sookie is hurt by the knowledge that he's been promised to the Queen of Oklahoma. How on earth does he think he'll get out of that?

It seems to me that things are being set up to get Sookie away from Eric and maybe back into Bill's arms (he loves her sooooo much), or even Sam (which would be a total cop out in my view). I've always been a fan of Bill.

The best part of this book? As always, Bubba. I thought it was a shame they had to use him to get to Victor (given his fragile mental state), but I had a little smile when he walked onto the stage in his red jumpsuit. Thankyou, thankyou very much.......