CharlotteBuriedinBooks

CharlotteBuriedinBooks

Dragons of Autumn Twilight
Tracy Hickman, Margaret Weis
This Man Confessed (This Man, #3)
Jodi Ellen Malpas
31 Bond Street
Ellen Horan
Betrayal in Death (In Death #12)
J.D. Robb
Lover at Last
J.R. Ward
The Executor
Jesse Kellerman
City of Bones
Cassandra Clare
Dark Beginnings (Lords of the Underworld 6)
Gena Showalter
Blood Promise
Richelle Mead
Deadly Decisions
Kathy Reichs
Bared to You  - Sylvia Day You can't read it and not see the parallels between a certain trilogy that has taken the book buying world by storm.

But this is a much darker story, where both central characters are equally damaged - in fact pretty much everyone is messed up in some way.

Gideon Cross, young, hung and full of self loathing. Prone to nightmares and attempted sexual assaults while sleeping. Worth billions. Something terrible has obviously happened to him (several mentions of "consensual sex", which implies that he's been forced at some point)

Eva Trammell, young, stalked by her mother because of a very bad experience Eva had during her mothers first marriage. Living with her seriously messed up bi-sexual model best friend Cary (he needs a damn slap).

It's a great first book in the series - Gideon is almost hypnotic.

Yes, it's cheesy in places and I did roll my eyes at one line that I'm sure was lifted straight from Twilight (and another from Jerry Maguire).

Yes, Gideon reminds me of Roarke from the In Death books. I think it's that feeling of barely restrained violence along with the striking physical similarities.

I have to know what happens, thank goodness there are another two books already published (and another 2 still to come).