CharlotteBuriedinBooks

CharlotteBuriedinBooks

Dragons of Autumn Twilight
Tracy Hickman, Margaret Weis
This Man Confessed (This Man, #3)
Jodi Ellen Malpas
31 Bond Street
Ellen Horan
Betrayal in Death (In Death #12)
J.D. Robb
Lover at Last
J.R. Ward
The Executor
Jesse Kellerman
City of Bones
Cassandra Clare
Dark Beginnings (Lords of the Underworld 6)
Gena Showalter
Blood Promise
Richelle Mead
Deadly Decisions
Kathy Reichs

Soon I Will Be Invincible

Soon I Will Be Invincible - Austin Grossman I expected so much more from this book. Maybe I was lured in by the cover, I have a bit of a weakness for Superheroes and this book has a great comic book cover.

It's told in alternate chapters by Doctor Impossible (the Evil Genius) and Fatale (a cyborg who is invited to join a group of superheroes). The main body of the story is concerned with the disappearance of a superhero called Corefire (who was created by the Doctor, during a college experiment that went badly wrong).

The problem is I didn't really care all that much about the superheroes (apart from Fatale, although it was rather obvious who her creator was). I was more taken with Doctor Impossible, who doesn't seem all that evil, but is driven by a desire to take over the whole world. The whole thing seems like one long therapy session for him. He even tries to stop himself from making the usual errors (don't tell your nemesis the plan, don't make huge speeches etc).

Lily was quite cool as well - coming out wih the best line in the whole book "Shut it fuckhead, I've got your number" (when addressing one of the good guys). That's kind of how I felt all through the book.