CharlotteBuriedinBooks

CharlotteBuriedinBooks

Dragons of Autumn Twilight
Tracy Hickman, Margaret Weis
This Man Confessed (This Man, #3)
Jodi Ellen Malpas
31 Bond Street
Ellen Horan
Betrayal in Death (In Death #12)
J.D. Robb
Lover at Last
J.R. Ward
The Executor
Jesse Kellerman
City of Bones
Cassandra Clare
Dark Beginnings (Lords of the Underworld 6)
Gena Showalter
Blood Promise
Richelle Mead
Deadly Decisions
Kathy Reichs

The Death Collectors

The Death Collectors  - Jack Kerley I like stories where you see a little bit of the past before the story takes off properly. Here we visit the end of a trial for murder - the trial of Marsden Hexcamp a serial killer who liked to capture the final moment in paintings. A man with followers, women willing to die for him. A man who dies in the courtroom, shot by his most ardent follower.

Over 30 years later the bodies start to pile up again, but this time it's accompanied by a rumour - that the Hexcamp collection is about to be put up for auction. Where has it come from? Who's trying to sell it and who's doing the killing?

Carson's a really interesting character, someone that feels his cases very deeply. Caught between the law and the darkness that his brother brings to him. He doesn't even have Ava to keep him company (she's left town to get sober - not surprising after what happened to her in the previous book). But never fear, he's soon got company in the form of local TV reporter DeeDee Danbury (even managing a trip to Paris, all in the pursuit of the case of course).

The killer was a cool twist, in fact the whole story was something new, the idea of serial killer memorabilia was something I'd never really considered before. It was just missing something in the delivery - it didn't grip me like the first book did.