CharlotteBuriedinBooks

CharlotteBuriedinBooks

Dragons of Autumn Twilight
Tracy Hickman, Margaret Weis
This Man Confessed (This Man, #3)
Jodi Ellen Malpas
31 Bond Street
Ellen Horan
Betrayal in Death (In Death #12)
J.D. Robb
Lover at Last
J.R. Ward
The Executor
Jesse Kellerman
City of Bones
Cassandra Clare
Dark Beginnings (Lords of the Underworld 6)
Gena Showalter
Blood Promise
Richelle Mead
Deadly Decisions
Kathy Reichs

Hide and Seek (Inspector Rebus, #2)

Hide and Seek (Inspector Rebus, #2) - Ian Rankin Interesting, very interesting. So many red herrings in this book and it moves so quickly, taking place over the course of 6 days.

It starts with the apparent overdose of a junkie, but it's a death that Rebus can't let go of, especially when it's found that the drugs which caused the overdose had been laced with rat poison.

Rebus is relentless in his pursuit of the truth, trampling over some colleagues. Newly promoted he's also roped into working on an anti-drugs project (his brother is now serving time after the first book) and is also newly single - Gill now shacking up with a radio DJ. But mainly he's trying to track down a shadowy figure called Hyde.

I'm amazed that Ian Rankin can go in so many different directions in under 300 pages. These books are almost hypnotic, you have to keep turning the pages to see if Rebus can figure it all out.

I do like the fact that the ending of this book was messy, you can feel Rebus's frustration. But mostly I like Rebus. Such an interesting figure, to see how he interacts with others, how they react to him. So glad I started these books.